Friday, May 4, 2012

snotgate

Who sneezed on our gate?
Nah, it's just me indulging Clem's whim to paint our rusty front gate yellow.
I didn't want to squash his vision but I didn't want to end up with permanent paint all over him, the gate and the driveway.

Enter cornflour paint: about a tablespoon of cornflour heated with about a cup of water plus food colouring. Very gloopy, and providing pleasingly sustained entertainment to the four year old.




I suspect I may have some regrets over this activity after it has dried and subsequently gooeys (sure that's a real word) up again when it rains. Eh, whatever. Snot a problem, heheh.

- Jane x

7 comments:

  1. Snotgate! Perfect! Maybe perfectly awful, but perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. I love it. So many possibilities for its use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like he had fun. My boys would be into that. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I taught junior high for 30 years...I have lots of experience with snot jokes. Still, it is a bit sickening to look at. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeeew. That's kind of awesome. When I was a kid, Ghostbusters was big, and we all coveted this nasty green slime that you could buy. It was similarly snotty and disgusting - and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how I do love a good pun :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I would really love to know what you think. Go on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...